April Newsletter 2015:
Greetings Folks! I'm writing this just after finishing up a crazy busy (& cold) month of March with an "off the hook" packed house Peach Project gig at Mason Jar. A sincere Thank You is in order to all who came out & supported us so enthusiastically all month. Looks like we have another great month of entertainment coming your way (hopefully with sunshine & warmth).
- We kick off a new musical venture this month, known on the circuit as the "ALLEY CATS" Longchamp & Manzo will be joining forces with members of Reflections Bob Guerra (guitar & vocals) John Cassano (bass), & Josh Kates (percussion). We will be playing a mix of acoustic Grateful Dead music inspired by the Reckoning album and mixing in some tunes from Old & In The Way, Grisman & Garcia as well as other Dead classics. Gonna be some great vocals, improvisation, maybe even some banjo, mandolin & fiddle playing now & then. Our Maiden Voyage is scheduled for Thursday night April 9th at Old 76 house in Tappan NY. You wouldn’t want to miss this unique line up!
- Peach Project's 1st gig at Ranchero Cantina in Emerson NJ on April 25. This is a new venue for us, has a great set-up for music with a nice stage & lighting rig. The place has a great vibe with excellent Tex-Mex food so come out early for dinner & enjoy the show. The Peach Project will be throwing in a few surprise classic rock chestnuts from other bands at each show this year as well as all the traditional Allman Brothers classics. Our colleague Glenn MacDermott will be returning with his brilliant vocals, we will be a two keyboard- two guitar band once again. This one is gonna be a special night to remember.
- Longchamp & Manzo debut at Twin Door Tavern in Maywood 4/16.
- Rhodes Tavern North has just started booking Saturday afternoon music sessions. I will be performing there solo style on Saturday April 18th from 2:00PM-6:00PM.
- The Open Mic Nite that I host at Rhodes Tavern North also continues to grow in popularity- come on down & play a tune or just enjoy the talent along with some great food in a relaxing atmosphere with a pint or two in hand (not necessarily in that order).
- Solo acoustic gigs, private events, Kootz gigs, & a special appearance at Hilltop Inn with the Hip Replacements and their stellar vocal styling’s & repertoire.
Can't wait to sing & jam for you- see you out there!